Monday 7 July 2014

100 miles 100 names

As I do the Ride London I want each mile to be a tribute to those with bowel cancer, and to those whom we have lost to bowel cancer. So, on the day of the event - 10th August - I will ride each mile for one named person and I want you to give me each name.

It will be the fact that each mile has a name that is special that will keep me going.  On the day I will carry all 100 names with me and at each stop take time to reflect on the names I have just "ridden a mile" for.

To do this all I need is you to let me have a name and, at the same time if you wish, donate at least £3 via my Just Giving page or via Text Giving.  If I get 100 names, and if everyone donated at least £3 that would raise £300 - the cost of running our nurse helpline for a day.  That would mean we can be there to help more people.

Please let me have names by email mark.flannagan@beatingbowelcancer.org or via Twitter (@MarkFlannCEO) or via Beating Bowel Cancer's Facebook page and I will add any I get.  I would welcome any donations people choose to make.  Our cause is good and the money raised will help us to help others.

If you do wish to give you can via www.justgiving.com/Mark-Flannagan3.  or you can text Flan51 and your amount to 70070

Thank you

Mark X

No comments:

Post a Comment