Friday 22 August 2014

Looking forward

A number of things have happened and are happening that have focused my mind on the future.

On a personal front my lovely daughter did very well in her GCSEs after working her socks off.  She is now at the Reading Festival (a popular place for GCSE results students I am told) and in three weeks it will be her 17th birthday.  All of which reinforces how time passes very quickly and how fortunate I am to be able to see my children grow up and mature into individuals of character.

On the Beating Bowel Cancer front we are looking to the short term future with the fantastic launch of our Decembeard fundraising campaign yesterday evening.  The event, held in London's Covent Garden was jam packed with friends and media all getting excited about our new brand and new plans and partnerships.  Watch this space, but expect bigger, better and, in the words of Theo, "watch out for Movember's hairier little brother".  I guarantee you will love it and we will raise both awareness and vital funds.



We are also looking at our charity strategy and how we are doing against the goals we set ourselves.  This is particularly important if we are to stretch our ambitions and, therefore, identify the additional need we can meet.  With this in mind I have been talking to our Finance and Fundraising Director about how we fund an expansion of our services to reach more people locally.  Making this happen will take time, but I am now sure we can add to what we already do and, in a significant way, be there when people need us even more.

On the cycling front (how can I blog without mention bikes) I am looking for my next challenge (maybe London to Paris for Beating Bowel Cancer?).  Whatever I do I would like to put a team of supporters together so we all ride and fundraise together. I hope to make something happen for next Spring. In the meantime, I will be carrying on cycling throughout the winter, which means buying good quality winter kit.

Just a few things I am thinking about of very many in my little head.  Have a good bank holiday weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment