Monday 30 June 2014

The Hills!!!!


That's it.  I have "done" the dreaded Ride London hills in one session.

Newlands - tick.  Leith - tick.  Box - tick (and pleasurable)

Ok, I did them after just 20+ miles, not the 55+ on the day, but there is time to do more before 10th August. I was still smiling after them (see photo) and even after doing just over 70 yesterday I still had room for more.  I concentrated yesterday on my fuel and that seemed to work.  I am ignoring the nay sayers who mention glycogen rushes each time I take a bite of home-made flap jack.  Yesterday was a good day, particularly after Saturday's planned ride was a wash out.  The country side was glorious.  The chilly start turned into perfect temperatures for ride.  The company of Woking Cycle Club was, as always, lovely.

So, I have a start time of 8.07, which annoyed me as I feel it is too late.  But, parking at London Bridge is booked and I am giving someone a lift.  The day is coming.  Getting excited.  Can't wait.

In my next blog I will say more about why this event is important to me and my plans to remember some of those we have lost. In the meantime, keep spinning!

I would like your support. £300 could run our nurse helpline for a day. £100 could enable our patient volunteers to talk to local groups to raise awareness. £50 could cover the cost of running our online patient forum for a day, where patients talk to each other, providing support and reassurance. If you can, please be generous and donate via www.justgiving.com/Mark-Flannagan3.

No comments:

Post a Comment