Wednesday 19 March 2014

A small problem - no bike!

Ok.  I do have a bike.  But it's a mountain bike.  I am told that beginning road training this is ok, but I need to get a proper road bike and associated "kit" soon.  Off to my local bike shop - Switchback cycles in Woking - who are terrific.  Their owner is even doing Ride London, having got a place through the ballot.  He isn't fundraising for a charity - yet!  By the time I am finished with him he will - for us!  Jamie, their expert, tells me that I need a list of things, which are: Giant Defy One Bike, Inner tubes x 2, Pedals, Garmin navigator (nice to have apparently), Shoes, Bottle cage x 2, Bottles x 2, Bib shorts, Shorts, Jersey, Gloves, Baselayer.  All of these are new to me (well the bike is expected).  And I thought a bike came with pedals but it doesn't!!!  Total cost just shy of £1,400.  Wow!  How does everyone else do it?  I really appreciate now how committed our Beating Bowel Cancer Ride London team must be.

So, who wants to help me out?  Anyone got a bike to donate at least?  Just asking. X

If you want help and information about bowel cancer please go to: www.beatingbowelcancer.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment